Friday, November 12, 2010

The Gratitude Tree

Please don't judge my pathetic artwork.

The other night we started a new family tradition called "The Gratitude Tree."  I've seen a few things that are similar, but most recommend it as something for Thanksgiving Day guests.  I thought, however, that it would be much cooler to do in the month leading up to Thanksgiving.

Here's what we did: I drew a tree.  I taped it to our front door (the inside part).  Then I cut out some leaves from some fall-ish colors.  We talked about gratitude for a few minutes, and then we each got three leaves on which to write down some things we are grateful for.  From now until Thanksgiving, we are each trying to add at least one leaf of gratitude each day.

For now, as you'll notice, our tree looks a little sparse.  There are only two of us really participating (although I should add some things that Kate is grateful for, like grapes, and Curious George), so maybe I should have made the tree a little smaller, or the leaves a little bigger.  Oh well, I guess it'll motivate us to be really grateful.  We can't have a pathetic looking gratitude tree!


As I'm sure you've noticed, the leaves are so small they make your handwriting sloppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment