Friday, January 14, 2011

"On This Day in History"

On this very day one year ago, I went into labor.  Yes, my water broke at midnight, right as I was going to bed.  I was unprepared, still planning to teach school the next day.  Instead, I showered at 2 am, wrote emails about my lesson plans to fellow teachers at 3 am, tried to wake Dave up at 4 am, went to breakfast at Denny's at around 5:30 am (I wanted to get in one last meal!) and was admitted into the hospital a little before 7 am!

And then, after a long day of labor, Kate entered our lives at 8:45 pm!

Kate Alison Kimball
6 lbs 8 oz, 8:45 pm, January 15, 2010

The proud parents!

I was proud.
And so excited.
And very overwhelmed.
I experienced awe, amazement, and wonder.
And I was clueless.

One year later, I feel like I've learned a lot.  Maybe more in this year than in any other year of my life.  And I'll be summing up a lot of that soon . . . but in the meantime I just wanted to say,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment