Monday, January 17, 2011

Me vs. The Bottle

Image from here

About 4 months ago it was round one of me vs. the bottle.  The battle was trying to get Kate to take it as I weaned her from breastfeeding.  And since Kate was born quite strong-willed, it was no easy task.  It took about 5 straight days of crying, screaming, and tantrums before she took the bottle happily and recognized it as her new food source.  After those 5 days, I emerged from the boxing ring victorious.

Now she's been happily taking the bottle for over 4 months . . . and Kate's not very happy about giving it up.  So, once more, so once again I'm stepping into the ring.  Only this time she's older, and even more strong willed.  And I'm not even sure where to start.  Do I do the change gradually?  Do we try it cold turkey?  And how does the change from formula to whole milk fit into this whole picture?  Which change do I make first?

The moral of the story is this:  I'm not ready for a one-year-old!  I need to read more and talk to more experienced mothers.  So if you're reading this, I'd greatly appreciate your help!  Throw in your 2 cents! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment